KVPY is a national fellowship and scholarship program in Basic Sciences, conducted by Department of Science and Technology of Government of India for Indian Nationals. The program aims at encouraging talented students to take up a career in research and ensure the growth of the finest scientific minds for research and development within the country.
The KVPY scholarships have been exclusively initiated for Indian Students to study within the country’s top Science Institution. The KVPY scheme has been divided into three streams and the KVPY registration of a particular student can be done in any one scheme depending on the standard that they’re studying in. The streams and the eligibility for the same have been briefly explained below:
KVPY 2019-20 Eligibility Criteria
- They should have scored at least 75% marks (65% in case of SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics and Science in the 10th standard board examinations.
- They must join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Math/B.Stat/B.S./B.Sc./Int. M.S./ Int. M.Sc.).
- The applicant should also score at least 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics and Science in the 12th standard board examinations.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is applicable only to Indian Origin and Resident candidates who study in India.
Students need to be enrolled in Class 11 with PCB/PCMB/PCM during the academic year.
He must have Scored a minimum of 65% for (SC/ST/PWD) marks in Math and Science subjects in the X Standard Board exam.
The Scholarship of the candidate ranked under this stream will be Initiated only if they are willing to join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) in further academic years after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard (10+2) Board Exams.
During the internal session of one year, they will be invited for Regional /National (Vijyoshi) Science Camp organized by the Department of Science and Research Govt. of India. and their travel and other related expenses will be covered by KVPY.
Students enrolled in XII Standard (10+2) (PCB/PCM/PCMB) during respected academic years and willing to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences in the Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. for the respected academic session, provided they have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Exam.
Students enrolled in the 1st year B. Sc./B.S./Int. M.Sc. during the academic year 2019 – 2020 and have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in the XII Standard Board Examination.
Only Indian candidates can apply for the KVPY Fellowship program.
holds a great significance for the students appearing for the examination. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national-level fellowship program which tests the analytical abilities and the aptitude of the students in the field of science. It is initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The KVPY registration generally begins in the month of July and lasts till August. The students who aspire to appear for the exam must be attentive during this period of the year.
The last date for KVPY registration for the year 2018 is 31 August 2018, for which the admit cards are released approximately within 30 days prior to the examination date. The examination tentatively takes place in the month of November every year. Thus, the aspirants are advised to plan everything accordingly. What are the steps to be followed for KVPY registration? Is there a registration fee applicable? Where can the students register? Is the registration process online or offline? Find an answer to all these questions in this article. It covers every significant detail related to KVPY registration such as important dates, eligibility criteria for the examination and much more information for the students and their effectual preparation.
KVPY Registration- Important Dates
KVPY Registration-Important Dates
|S. No.||KVPY Event||Important Dates|
|1.||Availability of application form||In the month of July|
|2.||Application Last Date||In the month of August|
|3.||Admit card Issue Date||In the 2nd week of October|
|4.||Date of Examination||4th November every year|
|5.||Result declaration Date||In the 3rd week of December|
|6.||Personal Interview||In the 2nd or 3rd week of January|
|7.||Fellowship program Announcement||The 1st week of August|
Any Changes in the Dates Are completely up to KVPY Board. Check on Official Website for Date Confirmation.
KVPY Registration- General Instructions
The students need to abide by some rules and follow some general instructions in order to successfully complete the KVPY registration and examination process without any glitches. The prestigious national-level fellowship examination evaluates students and gives them the opportunity to continue their education. Some general instructions that the students should follow in order to smoothly commence and complete the KVPY registration procedure have been mentioned below:
- The applicants should ensure that the contact information provided by them is authentic and active for the online application of the examination.
- The registered email id and phone number should be kept active till the declaration of the result. All the updates and information in the future will be provided on the same by the provider to the applicants.
- The applicants are required to register through their personal email id after which they will receive the login credentials and confirmation mail on the registered email id.
- The applicants should go through the application form thoroughly before submitting it. No changes are allowed to be made post submission.
- Prior to applying online, the candidates are required to have a soft copy / scanned image (in JPG/JPEG format) of the recent passport size photograph of not more than 150 KB and signature of not more than 80 KB.
- The applicants should ensure that both the photograph and the signature are saved on the PC/Laptop/Other Media.
- The SC/ST and PWD candidates must upload a scanned copy of the caste certificate (SC/ST) and medical certificate (for PWD) in PDF format of not more than 300 KB.
- It is advised to the applicants to proceed to the payment immediately after completing the application form. The payment can be done by using a credit card, ATM-debit card or net banking.
- After the transaction is completed successfully and the payment is done, the details of the same will be displayed. The candidates may note down the transaction details. Once the payment has been made, no refund of application fee will be done.
KVPY Registration- Step By Step Guide to Registration
The KVPY registration/application form is available online at the official KVPY website in the month of July every year and the last date to fill the application form is scheduled in the month of August. The examination is for students to pursue higher education in the field of science in India. The application fee for the examination is INR 1000 for the general/OBC category students and INR 500 for the SC/ST/PWD students.
The KVPY selection is a two-tier process involving an aptitude test and a personal interview. The KVPY application procedure has three steps which include students registration, filling the application form and submission of the application fee. Here is a step-wise description of KVPY application.
Step 1: Registration For Examination
- Visit the official KVPY website.
- Click “Registrations & Application” in the red box present on the right side of the screen.
- The candidates will be redirected to the general instructions page of the application.
- Fill in the basic information in the required fields and complete the registration process.
Step 2: Fill the Details application form
- The applicant will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email Id and the login credentials to further the application process.
- Log-in with the respective user-id and password by accessing the login page. KVPY registration/application
- Access the application form and fill in the following details carefully and correctly:
- Stream applied for
- Personal details
- Academic details
- Exam center preference
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents
- Select the preferred aptitude test language between Hindi and English.
- Upload the caste/disability certificate (If applicable).
- Attach a scanned photograph.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signature.
- Click ‘Preview’ to check the application form and go through the form once again to avoid any errors before submitting the application.
- Submit the application.
Step 4: Fee payment
- An application fee of INR 1000 for the general/OBC applicants and INR 500 for the SC/ST/PWD applicants need to be paid before the application form can be submitted.
- The application fee can be paid through both the online and offline modes.
- Online Payment:
- Click on ‘online payment’ and choose the mode most suitable among the options available (credit card, debit card and net banking).
- Click on ‘Submit and pay’.
- Offline Payment:
- Download a copy of challan by clicking on “Generate Challan” present on the bottom right corner of the payment screen.
- Visit the nearest State Bank of India branch to complete the payment process.
- Upload a scanned copy of the challan on the application portal and submit.
- Print the application for future reference.
Step 5: Check application status
- Access the website post two days of submitting the application form.
- Log-in with the credentials.
- Check the live status of the respective application.
- The applicants will see a message similar to ‘your application has been successfully submitted’ or ‘your application has been rejected’ indicating the status of their application.
KVPY Fellowships Criteria
- KVPY Scholarships are offered to the CANDIDATES who belong to any of these mentioned streams under KVPY Scheme: Stream SA, SB, and SX.
- Candidates included in the SA Stream are the ones who apply for the KVPY Exam while they are in Class XI (with PCM/PCB/PCMB).
- The SX Stream comprises candidates who are appearing or have passed Class XII (10+2) with science stream in their respected academic years.
- SB Stream comprises of students who are pursuing a 1st year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences during their academic years.
The fellowship and the Scholarship pay Offered to candidates is listed in mentioned Below:
|Fellowship Offered||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB- during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
Offered KVPY courses in Basic Sciences:
The candidates can apply for undergraduate programs in Basic Sciences through KVPY Entrance Exam. The courses included in Basic Sciences are B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Stat. /B.Math. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S. in the mentioned streams:
|Mathematics||Molecular Biology||Bioinformatics||Applied Physics|
|Microbiology||Physiology||Human Biology||Environmental Science|
Share with your Fellow Students to let them know more about the entrance exam and Fellowship Offered by the government to the Eligible Students.