NDA exam is Carried out by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Recruitment of eligibles to Army, Navy and Air force of the National Defence Academy, is through NDA Entrance Exam which is conducted two times a year, In the month of April and September.
UPSC NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY and NAVAL ACADEMY: 2020 Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA.
The candidates willing to join the Indian Naval Academy must complete 4 years B.Tech course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
Navy: 42 posts
Air Force: 92
Posts Vacancies and Availabilities of seat changes as per needed or recruitment.
How To Apply For UPSC NDA Examination:
Get the Complete details of UPSC NDA on official Site:
Candidates can able to apply for the exam in online mode. The below-mentioned website highlights all the important notifications and updates for the application.
UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidate Must Be:
- A Citizen of India.
- A subject of Bhutan.
- A subject of Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee which came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India are allowed to join the course and are considered to be nationals of India.
- A Family or Individual of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently living in India.
Age Limits, Sex, and Marital Status :
- A candidate must be an unmarried male. A candidate must not be a married male and have born not earlier than 2nd July 2001 and not later than 1st July 2004
- Candidates must be unmarried until they complete full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful will not be eligible for training.
- A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all incurred expenditure to the Government.
UPSC NDA Educational Qualifications:
Requires 10+2 Class pass of the 12th of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or institution.
Requires 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or institution.
Students who are continuing the 12th class in the current time can also apply for the Navy NDA, But those who are appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this entrance and must be in 12th class.
UPSC NDA Physical Standards:
Candidates must be physically and mentally fit according to physical standards NDA UPSC examinations and authorized Guidelines.
Candidates are advised to correct minor issues/ Conditions in order to speed up finalization of a medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB ( Services Selection Board ). The undermentioned Conditions are considered. Some of which we enlisted below:
- Wax (Ears/Nose)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele, Phimosis, Varicocele
- Undersized Chest span
- Piles and other related problems
- Tonsillitis (Inflammation)
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board (SSB) will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Only fit Candidates are allowed to join the NDA. The process of the Medical Board is classified and will not be compromised to anyone. Still, you can Appeal the medical board about the tests and can sort out the rest of things if you have manageable issues and which can be a treated/managed in the required time.
The cadet has to be in good physical and psychological health and must not have any disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military service.
There should be no evidence of possible weak constitution, bodily disabilities or under the weight. The eligible cadet must not be overweight or obese.
The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. (162.5 cms for Air Force, cause Air Force, goes Tall).
Examination Fees Structure:
Application Fee: Fee of Rs. 100/- is required (except. SC and ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from payment of fee)
Mode of Payment: By depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- Notification of Examination: Sept. – Oct. & May – June
- Conduct of Examination: March – April & Aug. – Sept
UPSC NDA Examination Centers
There is nothing Proud than serving our Motherland and Serving the Country. The Fellow Countryman always salutes you! The Kind of respect you will get here is exceptionally High. Nothing can be better than joining Forces if you Love and Want to Serve your Land. Stay connected with us for more Updates.